I found a neat exhibit / website that helps you and your students collaborize. It is called Collaborize Classroom. (http://collaborizeclassroom.com/) You can sign up for FREE! It has many great functions to use with your students and your lessons. (No, I am not getting any reimbursements from them)
From their website:
Why Collaborize Classroom?
Collaborize Classroom is designed to complement classroom instruction and engage students in online activities, assignments and discussions that allow for deeper participation inside and outside the classroom.
•Do more with less. Allow your students to participate on their own time with an easy-to-use platform.
•Enrich your curriculum with multimedia. Embed Microsoft Office documents, videos, pictures, and PDFs.
•Give every student a voice. Teach students how to have productive, respectful and supportive discussions online.
•Publish discussions to a results page so students can see tangible outcomes of their conversations.
•Access detailed student participation reports that make grading easy!
•Download FREE lesson plans to help get you started.
- The next cool thing is an Interactive White Board.... Star Board Link by Hitachi (http://www.hitachisolutions-us.com/starboard/tcea )
- make any hard surface interactive
- can be mobile
- can buy a pad to walk around and write for an additional $250
- ALLOWS FOR UP TO 3 USERS TO WRITE ON BOARD!!
- hand movements to write, zoom in /out, scroll